Title I Compact
SCHOOL-PARENT AND FAMILY COMPACT
This School-Parent and Family Compact has been jointly developed with parents and family members, and outlines how parents and family members, school staff, and students will share in the responsibility for improved student academic achievement, and the means by which the school and parents and family members will build and develop partnerships to help their children achieve the state’s academic standards.
As a school, we are committed to supporting student learning by:
- Providing high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables students participating in Title I programs to meet the state academic standards.
- Addressing the importance of communication between teachers and parents and family members on an ongoing basis through, at a minimum:
- Parent-teacher conferences in elementary schools, at least annually, during which the compact shall be discussed as the compact relates to the individual student’s achievement.
- Frequent reports to parents and family members on their child’s progress.
- Reasonable access to staff, and
PARENT AND FAMILY COMMITMENT
As parents and family members, we are committed to supporting our children’s learning by:
- Creating an atmosphere that supports learning by conducting activities at home to continue classroom learning.
As students, we are committed to being responsible and taking ownership of learning by:
- Reading at home.
- Completing homework assignments.