Mobile Device Donation
DONATE YOUR USED MOBILE DEVICE TO
CENTRAL CAMBRIA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Why does Central Cambria School District want donated mobile devices?
Mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.) have become very powerful in recent years, and can now assist with many educational tasks. Exploration apps, such as Google Expeditions, can take students on an exciting and educational journey without leaving the classroom. Interactive apps, such as Nearpod and Flipgrid, are changing the way students interact with the teacher and each other.
Central Cambria School District would like to take used mobile devices, wipe them clean, connect them to our wireless network, load educational apps, and make them available for teachers to use with their students.
Although Central Cambria allows students to bring their own technology (BYOT), some students do not for various reasons. The donated devices will be available as additional ones to be used when necessary in the classroom. These devices will NOT be given directly to students nor will the students be allowed to take them home. The devices will be available for teachers to sign out as needed for learning activities and then distributed to students in the classroom.
Types of devices Central Cambria will accept:
- Smartphones no more than two years old
- Any iOS smartphone (iPhone)
- Any Android smartphone (Google, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, etc.)
- Tablets or iPod Touch devices
What should be included:
- Wall charger
- Any unwanted accessories (cases, screen protectors, etc.)
Although we encourage you to erase all data and settings before you donate, we will do a factory reset on ALL devices before connecting it to our wireless network. The donated devices will NOT be part of any cell phone plan.
Your donation is tax deductible
You may claim your donation as a tax deduction. Upon request, the District can provide you with a letter identifying that we have received your donation. The letter will not place a value on the donation, but simply identify the donation has been made to the District.
Sounds great! How do I donate?
- Put the mobile device and wall charger (and any other accessories you are including) in a box or envelope.
- Mark “Central Cambria School District Technology Department” on the outside.
- Give the device to the District by:
- Having your child give it to his/her teacher.
- Dropping it off at the main office of your child’s school during business hours (hours vary depending on school).
- Dropping it off at the District Administration Building (next to High School) weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Note: If you wish to receive a letter from the District for the tax deduction for your donation, you must include your name, address, and phone number along with the donated smartphone. The letter will be sent to you at a later time.
If you have questions, please call 472-8860 ext. 215
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING DONATING YOUR
MOBILE DEVICE TO CENTRAL CAMBRIA!