Superintendent Performance Standards 1 - Curriculum: The Superintendent will strengthen the district’s educational programs and services.
- Increase participation in Courses of Rigor both by increasing the quantity and quality of Dual Enrolled and AP Courses offered and by increasing the percentage of students taking the Courses of Rigor
- Devise plan to implement Associate Degree in High School Program
- Increase number of students taking Advanced Placement Tests
- Strengthen academic, behavioral, and social/emotional supports by prioritizing a Multi-Tiered System of Supports approach to student interventions
- Improve instruction through a consistent system of teacher supervision (formal observations, walkthroughs, and Differentiated Supervision) within all district buildings
Superintendent Performance Standards 2 - Leadership: The Superintendent will provide ethical leadership, modeling appropriate behavior and student-focused decision making.
- Continue superintendent presence at student events (athletic, academic, and extracurricular)
- Continue to refine district hiring procedures to ensure that candidate selection is based solely on identifying those who will provide the greatest benefit to students
- Engage in advocacy efforts to benefit Central Cambria students through collaboration and communication with area government, business, and non-profit leaders
- Strengthen relationship between District Administration and Education Association through open communication with the understanding that decision-making will be consistently made based on what is best for students over what is convenient for adults.
- Allocate resources equitably and purposefully in order to gain the most student benefit to each taxpayer dollar
- Oversee district capital projects in order to ensure timeliness and budgetary compliance
- At the Board’s discretion, oversee cost-saving physical plant upgrades through the Guaranteed Energy Savings Act
- At the Board’s discretion, oversee construction of stand-alone maintenance building
- Improve physical and emotional safety of students through physical plant updates (doors, locks, visitor management programs, etc…) and through updating safety protocols with best practices
- In collaboration with appropriate stakeholders, study current staffing patterns and outline projected staffing needs for a 1-3 year period based upon evolving district needs and programming initiatives.
- Increase efficiency of maintenance department through trackable work orders
- Streamline district warehousing of maintenance supplies, minimizing the need for storage space