The Central Cambria School District is committed to providing students the opportunity to learn with and use various technologies to enhance their educational experience. Kindergarten, first and second grades utilize iPads in their classrooms, while third through twelfth grades primarily use Chromebooks. Both elementary schools are 1:1, meaning one device per student, while both secondary schools are quickly approaching this milestone as well.
If used correctly, technology in the classroom will:
- help prepare students for future careers
- help students stay engaged and connect with students of all learning styles
- enhance learning opportunities
- develop student's digital citizenship skills
- help students become more resposnsible
- enable the student to have the most current information at their fingertips
- teach students the skills they need to become lifelong learners
In addition to district provided devices, Central Cambria teachers may allow the use of student-owned technology devices in their classrooms. For more information on the guidelines, and to view the required registration form, visit the BYOT page.