JASON S. MOORE DR. TRICIA MURIN MARY ANN KASCHALK
SUPERINTENDENT CURRICULUM DIRECTOR BUSINESS MANAGER
April 3, 2018
This newsletter is to provide families with important information and upcoming changes that have been made to the Central Cambria School District (CCSD) transportation rules and policies effective for the 2018-2019 School Year. The complete transportation rules and policies will be sent home with your child at a future date and will also be available on the school website.
We will NO LONGER accommodate day to day alternate bus transportation requests that are written in your child’s planner. Some examples of requests that will not be allowed are: playdates, sleepovers, parties, doctor appointments, lessons, etc. If you deem the request is a true emergency then you must contact the transportation coordinator directly.
- Students are only allowed to ride their assigned bus.
- Transportation arrangements must remain the SAME (Monday through Friday).*
- Students will have one regular AM bus stop and one regular PM bus stop.*
- The AM and PM bus routes will be determined based on your home address (which is listed as Family 1 in Skyward) unless you notify the Transportation Coordinator.
- If your child goes to daycare, etc, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to notify the Transportation Coordinator ANNUALLY if you are requesting transportation to one of these locations.
- There will not be any assumption that the stop locations that were put in place for the previous year will be the same for the following year. Specifically, at the beginning of each school year, the AM and PM stop for your child will automatically revert back to your home address (which is listed as Family 1 in Skyward), unless you notify the Transportation Coordinator.
*(The only variation to this may occur with parents BOTH living at different places in the CCSD and have joint custody. (a copy of the custody agreement must be provided to the school)
- Any bus stop change request must be submitted at least 5 days before requested date of change.
- Any bus stop change must be a permanent, everyday change. Transportation cannot accommodate intermittent or every-other day requests.
The deadline to provide any stop location requests (including daycare, etc) is August 1, 2018. The only exception to this date is if you are new to the district or if you have recently moved. If you have any questions or need to update your child’s bus stop, please email Kimberly Bednar, Transportation Coordinator, email@example.com or call at 814-472-8870, ext 306.