College and Career Home
Hi, I’m Ms. Zilch, the new College and Career Adviser! (My picture is below.)
I graduated last May from Juniata College with a degree in History and Museum Studies. You may wonder how my degree qualifies me to be a college adviser.
Well, it doesn’t really, but my unique position with Pennsylvania College Advising Corps (PCAC) does. The Pennsylvania College Advising Corps aims to increase the number of low-income, first generation college, and underrepresented high school students who enter and complete higher education. I spent four weeks over the summer learning about every aspect of the college admissions process so that I can share the most current information with you. I am constantly learning and researching new programs and opportunities available to graduating high school students!
My primary focus is working with seniors in the fall on developing their plans for post-graduation. In the spring, I'll begin working with current juniors on their plans. This site is meant to serve as a central location for all things related to your college and career search. My goal is to provide effective resources that demystify the process as much as possible.
I am so excited to be serving CCHS and I can’t wait to work with your family to create the perfect plan for your senior as they enter the next chapter of their education!
What to expect from me:
- 1-on-1 meetings with your student to discuss:
- Colleges/universities or Trade/technical schools of interest
- Areas of study
- Financial aid, scholarships, and student loans
- SAT testing and study tips
- Essay writing tips and editing assistance
- Military service
- Enlistment, ROTC, or academy options
- Career exploration
- Consistent family engagement - Keeping you up-to-date on my conversations with your student via phone, email, or appointment
Please reach out!
Don't forget to follow @CollegeBoundDevils on Instagram!
Learn more about PCAC at: fandm.edu/pcac